05 Jun World Environment Day 2018
On the occasion of World Environment Day 2018, we wish each other, we think, we discuss and at the end of the day we forget……………………..
but is this all the purpose to observe this day.
We live on this earth………..and we now are thinking of going on Mars………….
Let us concentrate on Earth first. Today we are at least able to see some beauty but are we sure our children will be able to see this beauty.
Some of the disturbance in the environment are as follows:
- Glaciers are melting and water level is increasing. The impact of this is the water level of the sea is increasing and ultimately the islands are in danger.
- Diminishing the green area is making the earth heat,ultimately increasing the rainfall. Areas which were not having rainfall at all are now getting flooded. eg. Hyderabad in Andra Pradesh, Bidar in Karnataka, latest in Chennai and so on. If the trend continuous so on the floods will carry out the rich soil and in near future it will be difficult to cultivate the land.
- High level of pollution which is increasing the level of carbon making life difficult.
- Increase of plastic pollution.
Lets come together and take initiative to reduce the environmental issues and make this earth beautiful.
At the individual level we can follow these things;
- Plant a tree every year and take care of this tree for three years.
- Say no to Plastic. Ban on coffee cups, disposable food cups, packaged food which is wrapped in plastics, single use water bottles and so on….
- Bring awareness in the society, explain the issues too ur kids
- Implement the concept of Rain Water Harvesting.
- Use of public transport, car pooling and use of bicycles.
- Paperless office
This day i.e. 5th June 2018 let us hope that this day will bring positive rays and definitely there will be change by next years World Environment Day